IPL (Intense Pulse Radiation) technology has been used for many years in dermatology for treating a variety of skin conditions.
Among the many uses of IPL, is the treatment of dry eye associated MGD as well as the treatment of abnormal, telangiectatic blood vessels found with rosacea, an inflammatory condition of the skin’s sebaceous glands. These same telangiectatic blood vessels are present in the eyelids and periorbital area of patients with ocular rosacea.
IPL for Dry Eyes secondary to MGD and Ocular Rosacea can:
✅improve the oil component of tear film creating stability
✅meibomian gland functionality by liquefying stagnant secretions
✅Significantly reduce redness and ocular dryness symptoms
Most patients have four treatment sessions, spaced 2 to 4 weeks apart, followed by maintenance sessions spaced at 6 months to 1 year.
Symptomatic improvement with IPL increases over the course of treatment and persists for many months. Most patients show response by the second or third treatment.
IPL has become an indispensable tool for managing those that suffer from MGD, Demodex, Ocular/Facial Rosacea alongside other ocular surface diseases. Both clinical results and patient feedback have been positive.
🤩THE ADDED BONUS 🤩
IPL can be used to treat:
* Rosacea (redness and visible blood vessels in the face)
* Acne and Acne Scars
* Enlarged pores (IPL can help eliminate large pores and reduce the appearance of skin acne without the need for topical products that dry out skin)
* Broken capillaries (also known as spider veins)
* Dyschromia (discoloration of the skin or nails)
* Melasma (brown or gray patches, usually appearing on the face)
* Brown spots, Freckles
* Sunspots, Age spots
* Hyperpigmentation (darker skin patches caused by an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color)
* Vascular and pigmented lesions
* Uneven skin tone and texture
* Fine lines and wrinkles
Are you interested to find out more?
Get in touch with our clinic to book a consultation or with any questions you have.
#IPL #ipltreatment #lumecca #MGD #dryeyetreatment #ocularrosacea #acnetreatment #demodextreatment